My blog has moved!

This blog is no longer being maintained on Blogger. Please check out my new, streamlined site @ www.mixedmayhemstudios.com.

Friday, August 12, 2011

BSBP Beads!

Eeee! I got my beads today from Deanna, my Bead Soup Blog Party partner! If you're reading this on Blogger, you can check up on my previous post about the party at Tumblr. I post there quite a bit more often than I do here. I just like the functionality of it better than Blogger.

No worries, though! I've no intentions of abandoning my blog here. It's much too convenient to follow my other fav bloggers this way. Plus, my blog posts here automatically post as a link on Tumblr.  (Edit -- Actually, this might be a lie. In my absence from blogging, it seems Tumblr no longer imports content from other sites... buzzkill.)

BSBP beads from Deanna Chase of Chase Designs ♥
Anyhow! Back to the important stuff -- BEADS. Look at these amazing beads I got in the mail from Deanna! Ahhhh! So impressed. I am going to have so much fun playing with these. I don't typically venture much into using glass aside from the occasional Czech glass bead, so to have beads handmade by a lampwork bead artist is totally amazing, new, and EXCITING.

I positively adore the colors. Lime-y green and blue = love. Seriously. I don't what kind of necklace I'm going to turn this into, but it is easily destined to end up a favorite. There's noooo way I could give this up for sale. Haha. Besides, I wear blue and green very often.

The actual blog hop and posting of what's been made from these beads won't be until mid-September per the rules of the Party, but you can bet I'll be tinkering with my beads ASAP.

In the interim, I'm thinking my friend and I are going to do our own little bead swap just for the heck of it! Should be interesting. Because it seems like even when we're working with very similar materials, what we each create is drastically different. Love that!

P.S. I updated my blog layout! What'cha think? I think it's much more suitable, especially since it has my current, updated logo. And it matches both my ArtFire and Etsy jewelry shops -- both of which should have some new listings tomorrow for those who are in a shopping mood. ;)

That's it for now!



3 comments:

  1. Oh my GOODNESS but did you get some pretty ones! I can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I soooo did! I cannot hardly stand myself, I'm so excited! My mom makes jewelry too, and it was all I could do to keep her from running off with these beads this morning when she got to see them. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ever since taking a lampwork glass I am in even more awe of lampwork artists than I was before. I have absolutely no talent for it and it is beyond me how people do it and have the patience for it.
    Having said that: the focal bead is gorgeous. Can't wait to see what you will make. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete