My blog has moved!

This blog is no longer being maintained on Blogger. Please check out my new, streamlined site @ www.mixedmayhemstudios.com.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Friday Feature: BugUnderGlass

Blue Morpho with South American MapI don't intend to share just Etsy shops every time I do a feature, but this I just had to. Seriously. Are you seeing this? I'm seeing it. That is a real blue morpho butterfly.

If I had a wall all my own to decorate (which hopefully by April I will!), this would be on it. I wish I could decorate my entire room revolving around this (and maybe some labradorite made into something ornate to display?).

So maybe bugs being displayed under glass isn't the most unique thing in the world, but the guy who runs this shop clearly has a passion for it, and he does it all himself. Museum quality even. His business is even "green certified" ..? Sounds pretty impressive.

He does more than just pretty butterflies. There are strange beetles riding bikes and playing instruments. Yup. I just wrote that. Beetles riding bikes and playing instruments.

The mental image makes you smile, doesn't it? And that's coming from a person who would probably squeal quite loudly if faced with a beetle (particularly one of that size) in person, dead or alive. That having been said, I think I'll be sticking to pining after that stunning blue morpho.

Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment