My blog has moved!

This blog is no longer being maintained on Blogger. Please check out my new, streamlined site @ www.mixedmayhemstudios.com.

Friday, December 23, 2011

Friday Feature: SeaFindDesigns

SALE - Beach Stone Jewelry - Path of Enlightenment  - Beach Rock and Swarovski Crystal Necklace
"Path of Enlightment" - Beach Rock & Swarovski Crystal
In an effort to try and make the content of my blog arrive on a bit more consistent basis, I've decided on a schedule. At least partially. Fridays, from here onwards, shall be for featuring other artists that I've come across. So, to get things rolling, here's the first Friday Feature with SeaFindDesigns on Etsy.

I don't know what it is about sea glass, but I positively adore it! I actually would like to go on a vacation to a beach-y area at some point just to find some myself. I'm not a big fan of swimming or actually being in the ocean, but combing the beaches for little treasures sounds like such a fun adventure.

According to this Etsian's profile, all of the beach glass used in their designs is gathered by the family running the shop. I think that is totally amazing, as it means all of their works are truly one of a kind.

The image to your right is linked to the listing for the pendant shown here, and will lead you back to their shop for more lovely items to browse.

Hope everyone is having an excellent holiday season so far, and have a very Merry Christmas Eve ~ Eve.  :)
 
 


2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful feature. It would be "easy" to simply wire wrap the glass and pebbles and glue rhinestones on top (having tried my hands on wire wrapping I know it's not as easy as it looks ...), but they take it one step further drilling and engraving the surface to create setting for the stones. And the frosted organic surface offsets the sparkling precision cut rhinestones perfectly - or is it the other way around?

    In any way, I totally want to drive up to Biebrich now, to take a walk along the Rhine to see if I can find some sea ... erh, river glass. ACTUAL Rhine stones, heheh. X3 ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right?? I am so impressed. I would so love to see whatever you find at the river! And that is a very amusing play on words. XD <3

    ReplyDelete