My blog has moved!

This blog is no longer being maintained on Blogger. Please check out my new, streamlined site @ www.mixedmayhemstudios.com.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Burn Out + Photo Inspiration

Yup. I did it. I burnt myself out in a flurry of blog posts. Hence the overwhelming silence from me for the past week or so. Might be pushing two weeks now. It's hard for me to tell. I tend to get caught up in a whirlwind of work and stress which pulls me away from my creative endeavors. Very. Frustrating.

Anyhow. In an effort to get my creative groove back, I've decided to experiment. That always makes me happy. Here's my current experiment. I'm going to take the colors (and possibly the subject matter) from this photo I took today, and use them as my color palette in my next couple of projects.

This little guy was outside my apartment when I was walking my dog. He's a mockingbird.
Feel free to join me in this little challenge. I'd certainly love to see everyone else's results, so if you join the challenge, send me links and photos, etc. This photo will serve as inspiration through next Saturday (February 4th), at which point I'll take and post a new photo.

Much love,


4 comments:

  1. *floofs* Was wondering what had happened. Saiz the person who can go without a post for MONTHS and is generally a rather scarce sight on the webs currently. =3=;

    Beautiful shot of the birdie. <3 *envies*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I was all bam, bam, bam, every day with a post and then....... nothing. XD

      And isn't the bird cute? I saw him this afternoon walking my dog, and he was all puffed up because of the cold. He was nested further into the branches, but after I had run back inside to snatch up my camera he had flittered up to the top bits of the tree... bush... thing (it's awful tall for a bush). :)

      Delete
  2. I like http://www.design-seeds.com/ a lot, as pinterest might have already told you XD Once I had a more full collection of stuff I wanted to use those palettes as inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Sometimes it's hard to create jewelry on the regular if you have a limited supply of beads. Now that I have my gigantic inventory, it's much easier to create. Plus, having the right tools always makes the job easier. :)

      Delete