My blog has moved!

This blog is no longer being maintained on Blogger. Please check out my new, streamlined site @ www.mixedmayhemstudios.com.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Time Management Skillz

I'm not going to lie. My skillz in time management are often lacking. Part of it is because life interferes. The other part is because I let life interfere, and I end up thoroughly distracted in a not-so-good-way. I'm subscribed to a whole mess of emails from business I find inspiring that help me to combat this. At the very least, if I'm going to waste time, it's going to be "wasted" learning from others I admire.

The people are: Marie Forleo, Laura Roeder, Justine Smith, and Ramit Sethi. These people sell their knowledge, essentially, but they also provide great tools for free in their emails. I am more than happy to pay attention and follow along. I've already learned some great things from reading said emails, watching videos, and downloaded their how-to-guides, etc.

Ramit Sethi won my attention today (but Miss Marie was a close second today -- love that lady ♥), and let me tell you why: This man gets right to the point. He's even what some people might think of as, well, a big jerk! It's not so much that he's a jerk, it's that he gets straight to the point. No sugar coating. If you don't like it, he encourages you to leave.

Here's part of what the awesome email I got today from him that I found to be particularly poignant:

• "Time is as much a mindset as it is the minutes ticking away as you’re reading this."
• "How much time are you spending on stuff that doesn’t give you anything back?"
• "...results — not time — are what matter."

If you are looking for a swift kick in the rear in the form of an email to help motivate you? I highly recommend subscribing to these people, especially Ramit. If you're a bit sensitive... I'd probably start off with Marie. She's funny. Ramit? You might not like him the way I like him.

Anyhow. Just thought I'd share the interesting things I've come across that are tick-ticking away in my brain. I feel like I'm on the cusp of an idea that's just within my grasp that could be utterly amazing.

Do you ever get that feeling? It's a bit like teetering on the edge of something, but giddy like you're about to jump into a ball pit like a little kid to swim around.  :)

That's all I have to share for now. I'll keep you posted on my ideas once I've got them sorted. Time to make some lists and then take action.

Much love!

2 comments:

  1. FLIPPING ADORE THE CARTOON!!!!!!!!!<3 and I totally know the feeling you're talking about. Its a bit like when your trying to tell someone the name of something but you can't think of the name! Its Sib close yet so far away. Just dancing on the tip of your tongue buy hiding from your vocal cords. XP any way, sorry for the random stranger comment, just couldn't resist XP :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! I don't mind random, stray comments. I totally wish I could fill my apartment with playpen balls and float around. Well. Sometimes. Either way, that comic always makes me smile when I think about it. :)

    ReplyDelete