My blog has moved!

This blog is no longer being maintained on Blogger. Please check out my new, streamlined site @ www.mixedmayhemstudios.com.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

WWS: Oh man. I actually bought something.

It's Wednesday Window Shopping time! Except... well. I actually bought a couple of things. What the heck? Cue the guilt. This is where my guilt says, "You shouldn't have done that, you're going to need that $27.00, silly face."

But then I say, wait a minute. I didn't just splurge on beads. Oh no! I bought actual tools I could use and have been needing. Tools are good. Especially since I did a good, good thing and gave some of my old tools that were doing nothing but taking up premium space on my desk away to a darling family friend's daughter who will more than likely put them to good use.

Close this window
Here's what was on the shopping list that was ... gasp! ... actually purchased:

Chrysolite Opal 5mm Swarovski Bicone Beads
Cyclamen Opal 5mm Swarovski Bicone Beads
Copper Plated 1mm x 13mm Bar Chain (3 ft)
Czech Seed Beads 6/0 "Purple Parasols" Lot Mix 1 Ounce
Eurotool Pocket Crimper Smallest Size Crimping Pliers
Eurotool Wire Rounder Tool Set; Includes Pin Vise & Two Cup Burs

I got all of the above from Beadaholique. I had joined their mailing list earlier last month and got a $5.00 off promotional code. So I managed to snag that entire hot mess for $27.01 total. Not a bad deal, especially after comparing the prices of the tools I purchased to my local craft stores. I don't want to tell you how much I saw a similar pair of crimp bead pliers cost at Joann's the other night (which I most certainly did not purchase). Sure, I could've gotten a better deal with one of my wholesalers, but that typically requires spending a whole lot more money than I cared to, and involves way more beads than my over flowing inventory can handle.

You will noticed on that list that some beads did make the cut, but the crystals in particular match the rivoli crystals I have that have been haunting my desk for some months. I couldn't resist these colors, and I've had two pair of earrings with these colors in mind for quite some time.

The fantastic, purple Czech glass seed beads are because I have the damnedest time finding seed beads in purple! Do any more experienced beaders out there know why it is there seems to be NO opaque purple (without a luster.. just regular ... purple purple) seed beads available anywhere? Is it the dying process? Is the color just that impossible?

I don't know what the deal is, but if the colors are anything close to what was on Beadaholique's website, I'll be content. Mostly. My quest for purple seed beads shall continue. I'll take photos of the goods when they're delivered so as to keep everyone up to date on this "quest" of mine.

Something that for serious is on the "wishlist" at the moment are replacement jaws for these pliers. The jaws are worn enough that they actually scratched some copper wire the other day. It's quite the predicament since I love these pliers, and my local Hobby Lobby seems to..... no longer carry the spare jaws. They once did when I originally purchased said pliers, but now I'm at a loss as to what to do. Next time I'm in the store, I'm going to have to check out the back of the packaging for the manufacturer to see about re-ordering parts.

Well. That's it for now! Thanks for following a long. I hope everyone's New Year so far is off to a rockin' good start.

Much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment