My blog has moved!

This blog is no longer being maintained on Blogger. Please check out my new, streamlined site @ www.mixedmayhemstudios.com.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

BSBP Excitement!

I am so excited to be participating in the Bead Soup Blog Party again, and I can't wait to find out who my partner is going to be. This will make the 3rd time I have participated. I really just wanted to take a moment to give a big shout out to Lori Anderson for this crazy, amazing endeavor that she holds so dearly to her heart.

This blog hop isn't just a blog hop. It has become an amazing community of brilliant crafters. It is an endless source of inspiration. Lori doesn't just pair up beaders for a swap and blog hop, either. To say that's the only thing that happens during BSBP is a great disservice, I think.

My design from my 1st BSBP; Lampwork beads by Deanna Chase.
Participants are introduced to new friends - sometimes from across the globe! You end up with materials to work with that you may have never, ever, in a million years picked out for yourself. Sometimes it's either because it wasn't your "normal" style or maybe it just wasn't something readily available to you.

Then, during the time leading up to meeting your partner for the swap and the big reveal day, Lori continuously sends out encouraging emails and messages.

This is such a marvelous experience, and I realize that perhaps I ought to have written this blog post leading up to the day of sign-ups versus after they have closed.

Regardless, I would highly recommend joining the Bead Soup Cafe group on Facebook if you haven't already. There are swaps on a regular basis hosted by both Lori herself and by other members. It's pretty much fantastic all around.

Hope to see you during the blog hop reveal! And don't worry, I'll have lots of posts of beautiful things to share leading up to then.

Much love,


No comments:

Post a Comment