My blog has moved!

This blog is no longer being maintained on Blogger. Please check out my new, streamlined site @ www.mixedmayhemstudios.com.

Friday, June 22, 2012

Time to Organize

A couple of weeks ago I posted before and after pictures on my Facebook page of my workspace which ... also happens to be my bedroom. It's like a little miniature artists' studio, and it makes me immensely happy.

Well, in order to be able to work on more things I not only had to put things away in an organized way so that I could get to them, but I also have to organize what's in those boxes and drawers.

Wednesday night, I organized this epic mess:

IT'S COOL. I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM. I CAN STOP ANY TIME.
It is indeed organized now. All the large gemstones have a bag, crystals have a bag, glass pearls, natural pearls, etc, have all been grouped together so that I can find them easily. All the small stuff has been put away into the ah... 21 plastic organizers I already have that are full of beads..

I did all of this not only to make it easier for my to create new designs, but also because I have a very large wholesale order on its way to me. I should have it today, and I need to make space for all of those new things.

In my defense, I did not buy just beads. In fact, the only beads I bought were seed beads which I most certainly needed. The 5g and 10g packages I have just weren't enough to complete the sort of designs I've been working on.

I primarily bought an entire mess of findings! I was running low on just about everything, particularly clasps, jump rings, and crimp beads. Those are very important items, you know.

Anyhow, I'm getting antsy for this epic package. I hope it gets here soon. I'll be sure to share photos as my roomie and I sort through it.  :)

Much love,


2 comments:

  1. Yay, congrats on the organization! And on the huge order -- findings are definitely important. :)

    I used to have a workspace in my bedroom. I might set it up again this winter. Just me, a space heater and some beads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm pretty excited to get the order in so I can get back to work on designing things.

      I really like having my workspace in my bedroom. It's comfy, and it's just all entirely my space without interruption.

      Thanks for stopping by. ♥

      Delete