My blog has moved!

This blog is no longer being maintained on Blogger. Please check out my new, streamlined site @ www.mixedmayhemstudios.com.

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Bead Hoarders Blog Hop Reveal

Ever have this suspcious, nagging feeling that you've forgotten something? I've been suffering this weird little flicker of anxiety all week, only to wake up this morning and realize why: AHHHH TODAY IS THE BLOG HOP REVEAL!!!11!1

So, I'm a little late to the party, but I did drag out some beads that I've been holding onto for at least 2+ years. See, I have an addiction to certain flashy gemstones. I have an entire organizer box full of predominantly labradorite and moonstone. If a stone has some sort of fancy chatoyancy (that can distract me for hours with its amazing shine), I fall in love with it. It's a dilemma.

But here I am, joining in on this blog hop to let go of some of those beautiful stones. Sort of. I may or may not be able to completely let go of them in a sale, but I will be attending the Dallas Handmade Arts Market next weekend which out to be a true test of my will in parting with the necklace I made.

Speaking of said necklace, here it is:






Ahhhhh soooo pretty. I am totally wearing this around the house right now even though I've not changed out of my pajamas. The pendant this time around was more challenging than usual. Not only did I use a focal that I had been hoarding, but I used some half round 21 gauge wire that for some reason I have never used. I've had it for ages, too. Definitely not my usual cup of tea, but that could be because of the slightly smaller gauge. I prefer 22 gauge round wire for my projects.

Anyhow.

I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM I CAN STOP ANY TIME. Uhm. Okay. Maybe not, but at least I'm not the only one with a problem! Check out these other bead hoarders, too. ;)

1.  Lori Anderson, Pretty Things
2. Nancy Dale, NEDBeads
3. Roxanne Mendoza, Roxi Designs
4.  Melissa Trudinger, beadrecipes
5.  Rana Lea, Rana Lea Designs
6.  Perri Jackson, Shaktipaj Designs
7.  Rita Avila, Jewel School Friends
8.  Linda Anderson, From the Bead Board
  10.  Erin Guest, Renlish

11.  Joan Williams, lilruby jewelry
12. Diane Hawkey, Diane Hawkey
13.  Jo-Ann Woolverton, It's a Beadiful Creation
14.  Sue Kennedy, SueBeads
15.  Lisa Cone, Inspired Adornments
16.  Kari Asbury, Hippie Chick Design
18.  Lori Jean Poppe, Adventures in Creativity
19.  Linda Landig, Linda's Bead Blog and Meanderings
20.  Lori Schneider, Bead Addict

21.  Molly Alexander, Beautifully Broken Me
22. Cece Cormier, The Beading Yogini
23.  Niki Sayers, Silver Nik Nats
24.  Elsie Deliz-Fonseca, Eliz-Eliz and All That Craft
25.  Amber Dawn, Inventive Soul
26.  Heather Powers, Humblebeads
27.  Sarah Goode, Pookledo
28.  Monique Urquhart, A Half-Baked Notion
29.  JJ Jacobs, Coming Abstractions
30.  Cheri Reed, Creative Designs by Cheri

31.  Robyn, Museiddity
32.  Catherine King, Catherine's Musings
33.  Jacquie, Bead Gypsy
34.  Janet McDonald, Singing Woods
35. Kay Thomerson, Kayz Kreations
36.  Tanty Sri Hartanti, TJewellicious by Tanti
37.  Hannah Rosner, Good River Valley
38.  Rochelle Brisson, A Creative Chelle
39.  Nelly May, Smelly Nelly
40.  Skylar Bre'z, Brising Beads

41.  Beti Horvath, Stringing Fool
42.  Christie Murrow, Charis Designs
43.  Leanne Loftus, First Impression Design
44.  Valerie Norton, Hot Art
45.  Judy Riggs, Rigglettes
46.  Crystal Thain, Here Bead Dragons
47.  Terry Carter,  Tapping Flamingo
48.  Sue, Mid-Life Great Expectations
49.  Nan Smith, Wired Nan
50.  Miranda Ackerley, MirandAck Arts

51.  Marie Covert, Creating Interest
52.  D'Arsie Manzella, This Here Now, Mamacita
53.  Stephanie Haussler, Pixybug Designs
54.  Lori Bergmann, Lori Bergmann Design
55.  Johanna Nunez, The Lovely One Design
56.  Mary Govaars, MLH Jewelry Designs
57.  Becky Pancake, Becky Pancake Bead Designs
58.  Alicia Marinache, All the Pretty Things
59.  Debbie Rasmussen, A Little of This, A Little of That
60.  Nat, Grubbi Ceramics

61.  Marjorie Savill Linthwaite, Bennu Bird Rising
62.  Cheryl McCloud, One Thing Leads to Another
63.  Heather Otto, The Crafthopper
64.  Candida Castleberry, Spun Sugar Beadworks
66.  JuLee Wolfe, The Polymer Penguin
67.  Ginger Bishop, Lil Mummy Likes
68.  Karen Mitchell, Over the Moon Design
69.  Jeannie Dukic, Jeannie's Blog
70.  Dini Bruinsma, Angaza by Changes

71.  Birgitta Lejonklou, Create With Spirit
72.  Shalini Austin, Jewellery by Shalini
73.  Jayne Capps, Mama's Got to Doodle
74.  Ile Ruzza, Ilenia's Unique Beaded Jewelry
76.  Annita Wilson, AW Jewelry 
77.  Sherri Stokey, Knot Just Macrame
78.  Hannah Trost, PZ Designs
79.  Linda Inhelder, Must Haves Jewelry
80.  Miri Agassi, Beadwork

81.  Hope Smitherman, Crafty Hope
82.  Dyanne Cantrell, Dee-Liteful Jewelry Creations
83.  Susan Bowie, Susan Nelson Bowie
84.  Megan Milliken, MaeMaeMills
85.  Menka Gupta, Menka's Jewelry
86.  Ambra Gostoli, Chic and Frog
87.  Lori Lochner, Bloghner
88.  Gerda Jurimae, Gerda's Crafts Blog
89.  Susan, Mistheword
90.  MaryLou Holvenstot, MaryLou's time2cre8

91.  Mary Shannon Hicks, falling into the sky
92.  Karin King, The Sparklie Things Blog
93.  Christa Murphy, Adventures of One Beady Woman
94.  Jenny Davie-Reazor, Jenny Davies-Reazor
95.  Donetta Farrington, Simply Gorgeous
96.  Mallory Hoffman, Rosebud 101 - For the Love of Beads
97.  Danielle Kelley, Imbue the Muse
98.  Kym Hunter, Kym Hunter Designs
99.  Dolores Rami, CraftyD's Creations
100.  Marcia Dunne, 13 Alternatives

101.  Marlene Cupo, Amazing Designs
102.  Emma Todd, A Polymer Penchant
103.  Wendy Holder, Jewelry by WendyLea
104.  Michelle Escano, The Cabby Crafter
105.  Louise Glazier, Lily and Jasmine Treasures
106.  Dana Hickey, Wind Dancer Studios
107.  Lennis Carter, windbent
108.  Anne Betenson, Crystal River Beads
109.  Audrey Belanger,  Dreams of an Absolution
110.  Lisa Stukel, Carefree Jewelry by Lisa

111.  Janine Lucas, Travel Stories
112.  Claire Lockwood, Something to Do With Your Hands
113.  Kathy Engstrom, Catherine's Dreams
114.  Paula Hisel, Simply Beadiful
115.  Karla Morgan, Texas Pepper Jams
116.  Mischelle Fanucchi, Micheladas Musings
117.  Kim, Cianci Blue
118.  Linda Sadler, Ida Louise Jewelry
119.  Karen, Spokalulu
120.  Jennifer LaVite, Dry Gulch Bead and Jewelry

121.  Andrea Glick-Zenith, ZenithJade Creations
122.  Karen Martinez, Fairies Market
123.  Robin Reed, Artistry HCBD
124.  Amy Bright, LABweorc
125.  Jasvanti Patel, Jewels by Jasvanti
126.  Tammie Everly, TTE Designs
127.  Karin Slaton, Backstory Beads
128.  Natalie Moten, Running Out of Thread
129.  Sharyl McMillian-Nelson, Sharyl's Jewelry & Reflections
130.  Jenny Kyrlach, Wonder and Whimsy

131.  LiliKrist, Handmade by LilK
132.  Jessica Klaaren, The Truth Space
133.  Cynthia Abner, Created Treasures
134.  Beth Emery, Stories by Indigo Heart
135.  Heather Davis, Blissful Garden Beads
136.  Jeanne, Gems by Jeanne Marie
137.  Sandi Volpe, Sandi Volpe
138.  Laren Dee Barton, Laren Dee Designs
139.  Steph, Confessions of a Bead Hoarder
140.  Carolyn Lawson, Carolyn's Creations

141.  B. R. Kuhlman, Mixed Mayhem You are here! ♥
142.  Patty Miller, Cabari Beads
143.  Elizabeth Bunn, Elizabeth Beads
144.  Marianna Boylan, Pretty Shiny Things
145.  Lizzie Clarke, The Need to Bead
146.  Christina Miles, Wings 'n' Scales
147.  Patricia, The Color of Dreams
148.  Marde Lowe, Fancimar
149.  Ev Shelby, Raindrop Creations
150.  Sarah Small, By Salla

151.  Perri Jackson, Shaktipaj Designs
152.  Laurie Vyselaar, Lefthand Jewelry
153.  Pam Traub, Klassy Joolz
154.  Lisa Harrison, Daisy Meadow Studio
155.  Anzia Parks, Anzi-Panzi's Work Shoppe
156.  Ingrid, Lilisgems Handcrafted Jewelry Inspirations
157.  Andra Weber, Andra's Joyful Journey
158.  Kelly Hosford Patterson, The Traveling Side Show
159.  Adlinah Kamsir, Dreamstruck Designs
160.  Marci, That Nothing Be Wasted

161.  Kris Lanae Binsfield,  Cherish Designs
162.  Stephanie Perry, Mustard Bead
163.  Birgit Klughardt, Gites Beads
164.  Inge von Roos, Inge's Blog
165.  Rebecca Sirevaag, Becca's Place
166.  Sandy Markley, Gypsy Spirit Designs
167.  Elena Adams, Lena's Beady Blog

40 comments:

  1. Gorgeous necklace, love your wire wrapping too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Wire wrapping is one of my favorite things to do.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful focal! Great design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it's hard to go wrong with labradorite.

      Delete
  3. Absolutely beautiful...I share your addiction to beautiful natural gemstones, and love what you made with your hoarded beauties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natural stones are definitely an addiction. I'm trying to force myself to work with more of the ones I've got hidden away (see: so I can buy new ones. 8D).

      Delete
  4. The shimmer in that gemstone focal is delicious and would be great against just about anything, in pj's, or even a birthday suit (oops). Your wire work is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, thanks so much Marlene! I definitely enjoyed wearing this piece even if it was only around the house in my pj's.

      Delete
  5. That is one awesome focal! I don't blame you for wanting to wear it 24/7 (hint: you had best hide this necklace at the Dallas Market LOL.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was brave and had the necklace available at the show. It got plenty of attention, but no one bought it...... I get to keep it another day! ;)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I think this piece is swiftly becoming a favorite of mine.

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous stone and wire work. Good job delving into your stash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm trying to dive back into the stash for a few other pieces to accompany this one. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you! Labradorite is my absolute favorite. :)

      Delete
  9. Beautifully wrapped and a very elegant design

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Elegant was definitely what I was shooting for.

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous necklace! I also love moonstone and labradorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Flashy stones are the best. :D

      Delete
  11. mmm love that blue flash! Gorgeouss!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I keep catching myself playing with it in the light to see the flash, lol.

      Delete
  12. *STEALS AND RUN OHOHOHO*

    ...I mean, lovely necklace my dear ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely stone! The necklace shows it off to great benefit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That stone is gorgeous and so is the necklace you made for it. I totally would have rocked it in my pj's too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! I'm thinking a slumber party or something is in order with all my girlfriends. Pj's and over the top jewelry! I like it. :D

      Delete
  15. I don't blame you for hoarding the beads. That focal is beautiful! And such a pretty necklace to show it off too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I very much love this focal. I'm glad I used it in this blog hop.

      Delete
  16. I've got a thing for labradorite and moonstone as well. And, you just expanded my vocabulary a little. I've never heard the term chatoyancy before. Thanks!
    As far as your design. . .you pulled that together at the last minute for this hop!? That's amazing. It's absolutely stunning. Best of luck not selling it. . . ha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, I seem to have a talent for last minute, but this time I have to admit I cut it a little too close for comfort. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  17. B.R. your necklace is awesome. Beautiful wirework. That labradorite focal really has flash. You did a great job of photographing it. Things like that can be hard to show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Becky! That elusive flash can definitely be a challenge to capture in a photo.

      Delete
  18. Wow, is all I can say. I do love moonstone and labradorite. I can see why you kept that beautiful focal and love your wire wrapping. Funny image wearing a necklace and pajamas. I could totally do that, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moonstone and labradorite are super dreamy. Definitely glad I used that focal in this blog hop. lol, and I'm fairly certain I looked pretty funny in person wearing my pj's and my fancy necklace.

      Delete
  19. Gorgeous, gorgeous necklace! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful, beautiful necklace! I absolutely love the focal, and the beads that you chose to match it. Simply lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful! two of my favorite gemstones and I can totally understand if you decide not to part with this lovely...I bet it looks fabulous with your pjs too! ;)

    ReplyDelete